Busy families are always looking for quick meal ideas that can be made with minimal effort. This One Pot Easy but Delicious Chicken and Rice recipe is perfect for just that! This recipe is not only simple to make, but it’s also a family favorite in Cheri’s household. Cheri and her family love the convenience of a one-pot dish, and she also appreciates the ability to freeze any leftovers for future use.
Cheri lives in Midland City with her lovable grizzly bear of a husband, Bart, and her great-nephew and great-niece, Wyatt (10) and Sophia (8). They have 3 dogs, 1 cat, and a koi pond full of fish, making them a busy family who appreciates the convenience of a quick and easy meal.
Cheri learned about this recipe from her friend Robyn Jordan, but she has tweaked it to suit her family’s preferences. The children, Sophia and Wyatt, have given this recipe their seal of approval, with Sophia saying, “It tastes wonderful,” and Wyatt stating, “I want you to make this for my birthday. It’s soooooooo good.”
Cheri loves this recipe not only because it’s simple and delicious but also because it’s perfect for freezing. She recommends freezing any leftovers, as it makes a great meal for when you’re not feeling well or when you’re on your own for a meal. Cheri’s family also found this dish to be a lifesaver when her parents had covid. She pulled a couple containers from the freezer, and it provided a comforting and nourishing meal for them when they needed it most.
Cheri prefers not to add any salt to this dish because the bouillon cubes contain a lot of salt, but if you prefer more, you can always add it after. The end result is a hearty and delicious meal that the whole family will enjoy.
Cheri’s One Pot Easy but Delicious Chicken and Rice recipe is a must-try for anyone looking for a quick and easy meal that the whole family will love. Give it a try and see why Wyatt and Sophia give it their stamp of approval!
- a small pack of boneless skinless chicken thighs,
- three chicken bouillon cubes,
- a can of cream of chicken soup,
- a 10oz package of seasoned yellow rice,
- and a dash of black pepper.
- In a 4qt pot, add water filling it 1/3 of the way.
- Add the chicken thighs and unwrapped bouillon cubes to the water.
- Bring the chicken to a boil and boil until fully cooked.
- Remove the chicken thighs from the chicken stock into a dish and set it to the side.
- While the stock is still boiling, add the yellow seasoned rice to the pot and stir.
- Add the can of cream of chicken soup and stir to break it up.
- Allow it to boil for 3-4 minutes stirring occasionally.
- While the rice is boiling, shred your chicken. Use two forks to pull it apart and drop it back down into the pot as you break it up.
- Add back any leftover broth that is at the bottom of the dish that held the chicken into your pot.